Associating Biosamples with Projects
When aggregating data for analysis BaseSpace Sequence Hub limits the scope to include only data from biosamples that are associated with the same default project. The method to associate data depends on how the biosample or data files are added.
If the biosample name and project name for incoming data match to a biosample and project combination in your workgroup, BaseSpace Sequence Hub associates incoming data with the specified biosample.
If the names cannot be matched to an existing biosample and default project, BaseSpace Sequence Hub creates a new biosample in the specified project or a new project if the specified project does not exist.
- Sequencing run sample sheet—Specify the biosample name in the sample ID column and the default project in the Project column.
- Biosample workflow file—Specify the biosample name and default project.
- FASTQ upload—Select the project.
- FASTQ upload using the CLI—Use the project flag to specify the default project.
The biosample can be associated with a different default project than the one you are uploading to. BaseSpace Sequence Hub aggregates biosample data by associated project even when the files are stored in a different project.
Biosample names must be unique within the project but can match the names of biosamples associated with other projects.
- Sequencing run sample sheet—Specify a new biosample name in the sample ID column or a new default project in the Project column.
- Prep tab—Specify the project name when the biosample is created or imported.
- Biosample workflow file—Specify a unique combination of biosample name and default project.
- CLI—Specify a unique biosample name in the project.
- FASTQ upload—Specify a unique combination of biosample name and default project.
- FASTQ upload using the CLI—Use the project flag to specify a new project.