FastQ Upload Requirements
The FASTQ file is a text format file used to represent sequences. Each record has four lines of data: an identifier (read descriptor), the sequence, +, and the quality scores. For a detailed description of the FASTQ format, see FASTQ Files.
Make sure the FASTQ file adheres to the following upload requirements:
- FASTQ files are generated on Illumina instruments and saved in gzip format
- The name of the FASTQ files conforms to the following convention:
- The read descriptor in the FASTQ files conforms to the following convention:
- Examples: Read 1 descriptor:
@M00900:62:000000000-A2CYG:1:1101:18016:2491 1:N:0:13Corresponding Read 2 descriptor has ReadNum field:
- The number of base calls for each read equals the number of quality scores.
- The number of entries for Read 1 equals the number of entries for Read 2.
- The uploader determines whether files are paired-end based on matching file names in which the only difference is the ReadNum.
- For paired-end reads, read 1 and read 2 files need to be uploaded together or can be combined later.
- Each read has passed filter.